Sunday, August 23, 2009

Giving it to God

Now that I know God is definitely up there (as well as down here with us), I have been really trying to hand my life and struggles over to Him, because I so often feel helpless and clueless with making up Vince's care as I go along - which is what it amounts to. With God's help, I have taken excellent care of Vince so far, and I hope He keeps leading me - of course God will lead me; I have to pray that I will be able to know what God is leading me to do.

It's been a relief lately that I have been able to hand to God trying to get Vince to walk. Sometimes Vince can walk - with lots of help from me and our aide - and sometimes not. I was having trouble trying to push it too much, and just getting myself upset when Vince wasn't walking. What I have started doing is - every time we get Vince up to walk (which is only a few times each day), I ask God that if it is His will, to please help Vince walk. If not God's will that Vince walks, I will have him sit in his walker or wheelchair and ride. This has worked well for me. Sometimes, Vince does walk, and sometimes not. But I know I have handed it to God; so when I get to the point BEFORE I stress myself out trying to get Vince to walk, I have him sit and ride the rest of the way. This has worked much better for me; and it's better for Vince when I don't push and get upset.

Sometimes God wants to do things for us, but waits for us to ask for Him. And if not, we have to accept His will, because it is ultimately what is best for us. God wants us to be peaceful. So many times over the past years, it seems that He tells me "Stop struggling." I know I have pushed too hard, because I want Vince to keep whatever strength and abilities he can. I just never knew where to draw the line. By handing it to God, I can know where to draw the line, and know that I have done all I could.

No comments: