Friday, August 29, 2008

Hello out there!

Hello out there! For the past five years, I have been a caregiver for my husband who has a progressive neurodegenerative condition called Fragile-X Tremor Ataxia Syndrome (FXTAS). He is physically and cognitively disabled. At the beginning of this ordeal, I felt like we were confined to a "punishment corner", not able to do much of anything together. In the ensuing years, I have become a fervent Catholic (my husband's faith) because I have found that God is real - He is very much involved in our lives if we ask Him to be, and He has kept me sane and aware of my many blessings amidst all my grief and sadness.

I was never one to speak out much, but as my faith increases, so do my convictions and opinions of what is going on in the world. I need an outlet to write, so here it is, for what it's worth......

No comments: